Friday, July 18, 2014

10 Reasons I will strive to be thankful for the season I am in...

In Wyoming, the seasons change...drastically. One minute you can mow along while turning a nice brown and the next minute - you're bundled in carharts and bog boots. One thing I've had to learn is to love the season I am in. I absolutely love the weather right now! I like to start my days on the back deck with a hot cup of coffee before anyone else wakes up and before my phone begins buzzing for the day. Oh but I love the fall! There is nothing prettier than rust colored aspen leaves and the flourecent orange species sneaking through the forest. Then there's winter. A perfect excuse to drink hot coffee all day and to wear heavy sweaters! I do that all year long so I'm happy when there's a season that it is actually acceptable :). Spring has always been my favorite season with running water, new life everywhere and all of the plans for what the warm season will hold!

Although I've learned to love the calander season I am in, sometimes I struggle with loving the season I am in in life. I think something society has taught us is to sit on the edge of our seats waiting for the next thing...well, I'll blame it on society but it's probably more my worldly fault than anyone else's. These are the times when I have to remember to relish the moment - the here and now. Thus I offer to you:

10 Reasons I will strive to be thankful for the season I am in:
1. Since my creation, God planned for me to go through what I am going through.
2. I've been preparing for this moment my entire life!
3. If it's a rough season, it's my opportunity to rely more on Him.
4. In the bountiful seasons I get to find other people to share my blessings with.
5. The struggles I am going through right now are going into my memory book. I am excited to look back and see what I was able to make it through - what an encouragment for the next hurdle in life!
6. I know that my choices will determine my future much more than my abilities.
7. The season I am in now has far more blessings than hardships. It doesn't take much looking around to find people going through far worse situations.
8. If the world is 10% what happens to me and 90% my attitude to the happenings, I have much better odds of a happy life if I change my attitude for the better.
9. A thankful heart is a happy heart. I want to look back on this season and know I was thankful for all of the blessings.
10. Reviewing my history of rough seasons I have to realize something; (with God's help) I've made it through all of them. That means, in terms of rough times, I have a 100% success rate :)

I hope you find this as encouragment for whatever season you are in. I am excited for the future but, Lord, I am thankful to get to live today!

No comments:

Post a Comment