Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday Ramblings...for Him through hymns

Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually make it true
that we lived our lives for Him when our days are through?
And I can not think of a better way to live a life of worth
than to live a life like the old hymns we've been learning since our birth. 
If He was always our vision like the song Be Thou,
and if we begin our day with Before You Lord We Bow. 
To have the Blessed Assurance that we've been Washed in the Blood, 
with echos of mercy whispers of love. 
To understand He made me Just as I Am
and that He will always Revive Us Again. 
To have Peace Like a River and for it to really be Well With Our Souls
to have faith enough to give Him charge so that Where he Leads me I'll Go. 
To always Count Our Blessings, name them one by one out loud
and to tell others about our Lord and Crown Him with Many Crowns. 
I long to see a world full of that Old Time Religion
but if I don't start living that way than who and if it doesn't start now then when?
So I challenge you as well before you're in the Mansion Over the Hilltop
to begin living life like the old hymns, use the Bible as your guide - oh and never stop! 

- Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment