Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eulogizing?

We've all heard that we need to "bless" those who curse us. What does that even mean? Pray that God blesses them? Say "Bless you" when they sneeze? Add "Bless her heart" before we start saying how we really feel about them?
The word actually comes from the Greek word "eulogeo” which means to “speak well of” or “praise.” From this we get the word “eulogy” where we speak well of those who have passed away. So that's how we are supposed to respond to those who do us wrongly? We are supposed to tell people GOOD things about them? I know for me this is an absolute strain. I want to say what I really think. Plus if it's true it's not gossip right? Actually, there's no where in the Bible that backs that theory up. But there are several places in the Bible when we are told to bless those treating us wrongly.
This new found information isn't going to be easy for me. I know that with God's help I can become better in this area and I'd love for you to join me!
Oh, and for a last thought the word "enemy" just means anyone we're at hostility with ... another case to crack another day.

- Trinity Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment