Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday Ramblings....


I've heard so many people talk about living as if today was my last. Lately, I have been pondering how this is done because I have no idea what I would do if I knew that tomorrow I wouldn't be here. I guess I would just try to continue drawing near to God and I'd also try to tell more people about Him. The best way to do this? By displaying the fruits of the spirit. For me, it seems easy to memorise each of the words but I had never taken a chance to look up the definition to each of them.  

Love: A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
Joy: The emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure.
Peace: the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations or the world.
Patience: the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation or the like.
Kindness: of a good or benevolent nature or disposition as a person.
Goodness: moral excellence; virtue
Faithfulness: strict or thorough in the performance of duty.
Gentleness: not severe, rough or violent; mild
Self-Control: control or restraint of oneself or one’s actions feelings, etc.

WOW! After reading these, I realize I have a lot of work to do! It's interesting, I've always been around agriculture and have had many discussions with people who knew the names of a plant and what it is good for, but that doesn't mean they knew the specifics of the daily upkeep it took to grow it. In this same way, until I understand the real purpose of each "fruit of the spirit" how will I be able to harvest souls for God's kingdom? Thus, I was left with these three questions for myself.

What is my strongest fruit?
What is my weakest?
Which one is the most important?

If nothing else, I hope you'll ask these same questions so we call all strive to understand how to prune and nurture our fruit so we can abundantly bear more!

No comments:

Post a Comment