Friday, August 10, 2012

Shine


It seems like everyone is in some kind of hurt. 
Drought and fire are wreaking havoc on agriculturists. Crops won’t grow, causing an extreme elevation of feed prices. Consequently, ranchers are flooding the cattle market and putting their future in jeopardy. Still, we are required to have a certain percentage of our food (corn) burnt up in fuel! To me, it just doesn’t make sense. What happened to drilling? This would allow less expensive fuel that has proven efficiency. Oh well, that’s another issue for another time. 
Tragic events are happening in cities in every state.  Devastating shootings are making the headlines, but there are even more sad happenings that take place minute to minute.  Children are being raised in homes without both a mom AND a dad. If they do have both, it is not very common that they are married to each other. These kids may be well provided for but once we stray from morals, what do we have to tie to? 
Food stamps used to be a 1 in 50 statistic. Today, 1 in every 7 people has them. We’re raising a generation of entitlement. America wasn’t founded on free things, it is freedom that we were meant to liberally indulge in and defend. 
I could continue emphasizing the discouraging aspects of current events. Unfortunately, there are times that these thoughts engulf me. My dad always refers to the quote “Worry is a trickle of fear that eventually cuts a crevice so deep, it drains away all other thoughts.” Thus, I must revert my thought process to the being that can see the entire picture. He knows what we can handle and he knows those who will become stronger because of trials. The Bible says in James “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” God has a plan for us and the adversities we are faced with are there so that we can grow in Him. If we never had insecurities or times of desperation, we’d never need a savior. It is hard to do when we are “in the moment” but let’s do what we can to turn our eyes to Him and to live lives filled with His purpose. God has a plan and I’ve yet to meet a human being who is strong enough to understand all that He has in store. Today, I strive to use the things happening around me to be on fire and to live a life completely sold out to Him. 
Lord, help my thoughts to be encouraging because I know you are in charge. Let me be patient to see your hand at work. Please light the fire in my soul and allow me to shine for you in this dark world, “like a beacon on a hill.” 



1 comment:

  1. As a teenager going through highschool and having very high standers and morals i am always looking for rollmodles and peoplewith insight like this!!(: you have a great blog and great things to say!

    ReplyDelete