Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Bible says the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self control and...this one I always forget. It is gentleness. The world we live in teaches us to be abrasive.We're encouraged to always act extremely confident and even invincible. The truth is that God gave us insecurities. If it weren't for these insecurities, we may not even feel a need to lean on God and to call on Him in our times of trouble. Even though it is going against the grain, we must treat others with gentleness. I'm a rather aggressive person. Thus, everyday when I go through my list of the fruits, I always get stumbled up trying to remember gentleness. This is just one more thing I have the blessing to be able to pray about. Lord, give me gentleness today so that, in all things, your love shines through me. AMEN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment